The Beltway Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texas school district to let teachers carry guns

4 posters

Go down

Texas school district to let teachers carry guns Empty Texas school district to let teachers carry guns

Post by red states rule Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:00 pm

So goes Texas so goes the nation

I hope

HOUSTON (Reuters) - A Texas school district will let teachers bring guns to class this fall, the district's superintendent said on Friday, in what experts said appeared to be a first in the United States.

The board of the small rural Harrold Independent School District unanimously approved the plan and parents have not objected, said the district's superintendent, David Thweatt.

School experts backed Thweatt's claim that Harrold, a system of about 110 students 150 miles northwest of Fort Worth, may be the first to let teachers bring guns to the classroom.

Thweatt said it is a matter of safety.

"We have a lock-down situation, we have cameras, but the question we had to answer is, 'What if somebody gets in? What are we going to do?" he said. "It's just common sense."

Teachers who wish to bring guns will have to be certified to carry a concealed handgun in Texas and get crisis training and permission from school officials, he said.

Recent school shootings in the United States have prompted some calls for school officials to allow students and teachers to carry legally concealed weapons into classrooms.

The U.S. Congress once barred guns at schools nationwide, but the U.S. Supreme Court struck the law down, although state and local communities could adopt their own laws. Texas bars guns at schools without the school's permission.

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN1538661720080815
red states rule
red states rule

Number of posts : 772
Location : Texas school district to let teachers carry guns Us10
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Texas school district to let teachers carry guns Empty Re: Texas school district to let teachers carry guns

Post by Noir Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:51 pm

and what happens when a teacher goes crazy and starts shooting up his students?... I guess then you'll want even more guns. Cus guns don't kill people, death kills people.
Noir
Noir

Number of posts : 122
Location : Texas school district to let teachers carry guns Gb10
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Texas school district to let teachers carry guns Empty Re: Texas school district to let teachers carry guns

Post by red states rule Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:55 pm

Noir wrote:and what happens when a teacher goes crazy and starts shooting up his students?... I guess then you'll want even more guns. Cus guns don't kill people, death kills people.

Other teachers can jump in and stop the teacher

The same applies if a student armed with a gun comes looking to kill as many people as possible

But know everyone knows teachers are armed, there is a good chance neither will happen
red states rule
red states rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Noir Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:39 pm

ok...I think we will just keep our system of gun control over here, much more effective.
Noir
Noir

Back to top Go down

Post by red states rule Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:51 pm

Noir wrote:ok...I think we will just keep our system of gun control over here, much more effective.

Fine.

I will be the gun owner here, and you can be the gun victim over there
red states rule
red states rule

Back to top Go down

Post by red states rule Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:56 pm

Here is a perfect example why people should be allowed to own guns

Deli owner claims self-defense
Two would-be robbers take flight from West Price Hill store

WEST PRICE HILL - A deli owner who fired at an armed robber makes no apologies for his actions and says he had no choice.

"Once you put a gun to my head it's not about robbing me, it's about trying to kill me," said Anis Cherradi, 26, owner of Don's Deli. "I was defending my life."

Cherradi was alone in his Beech Avenue store at 7:42 p.m. Tuesday when two robbers walked in. They appeared to be 18-22 years old. He said he'd never seen them before.

One pointed a revolver at him, walked around the counter and demanded money. The gunman tried to force the married father of three small children into a headlock, shoving the gun against his head.

"Get down!" the robber ordered.

As Cherradi went to the floor, he said he reached for a gun he keeps under the counter, a loaded 9mm Smith & Wesson.

Robberies, he said, are frequent in the neighborhood, and his brother was shot during one at the store two years ago.

As Cherradi struggled with the gunman, he squeezed off two shots.

"He just let go and started running," Cherradi said.

Neither robber, who fled in a tan sedan, was apparently hit, Cincinnati police said.

"Even if you let them rob you, there is a big chance they will shoot at you anyway," Cherradi said.

In the summer of 2006, Cherradi said, his younger brother was working alone when two men armed with guns came into the store. They shot him. He returned fire and wounded them, Cherradi said. His brother has recovered.

"That's why I never take a chance with a robber and let them do what they want to do," Cherradi said.

"Look at my brother. They shot him first and asked questions later. I know what the outcome could be if they come to rob you. Even if you let them rob you, there is a big chance they will shoot at you anyway. I have a family and kids. I am not going to let something like that happen to me."

Cincinnati police didn't charge Cherradi. They were "very helpful and understanding," he said. "They know what kind of an area it is."

Police Sgt. Tom Coombs said Wednesday he understands that sometimes crime victims can't get away to call for help and feel they must take matters into their own hands.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080814/NEWS0107/808140308/1163
red states rule
red states rule

Back to top Go down

Texas school district to let teachers carry guns Empty Thats Awesome

Post by Waterrescuedude Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:10 pm

I love Texas and Nevada they both have great gun laws and support people owning and defending themselves

red states rule wrote:So goes Texas so goes the nation

I hope

HOUSTON (Reuters) - A Texas school district will let teachers bring guns to class this fall, the district's superintendent said on Friday, in what experts said appeared to be a first in the United States.

The board of the small rural Harrold Independent School District unanimously approved the plan and parents have not objected, said the district's superintendent, David Thweatt.

School experts backed Thweatt's claim that Harrold, a system of about 110 students 150 miles northwest of Fort Worth, may be the first to let teachers bring guns to the classroom.

Thweatt said it is a matter of safety.

"We have a lock-down situation, we have cameras, but the question we had to answer is, 'What if somebody gets in? What are we going to do?" he said. "It's just common sense."

Teachers who wish to bring guns will have to be certified to carry a concealed handgun in Texas and get crisis training and permission from school officials, he said.

Recent school shootings in the United States have prompted some calls for school officials to allow students and teachers to carry legally concealed weapons into classrooms.

The U.S. Congress once barred guns at schools nationwide, but the U.S. Supreme Court struck the law down, although state and local communities could adopt their own laws. Texas bars guns at schools without the school's permission.

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN1538661720080815

Waterrescuedude

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by red states rule Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:12 pm

Texas school district to let teachers carry guns Diversity750
red states rule
red states rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Noir Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:33 am

red states rule wrote:
Noir wrote:ok...I think we will just keep our system of gun control over here, much more effective.

Fine.

Sure sure, how many gun deaths were there in America last year? (I don't know the exact nber but it's normally around 11000) in a country of 300 million, but in the UK we only had about 280 gun deaths last year. And since a crack down we had on guns in the mid 90's there has been a steady 30% drop in gun deaths. Our solution to the problem is less guns, your solution is more, our system has seen a drop of a third in gun deaths in 10 years, has yours?
Noir
Noir

Back to top Go down

Post by red states rule Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:53 am

Noir wrote:
red states rule wrote:

Fine.

Sure sure, how many gun deaths were there in America last year? (I don't know the exact nber but it's normally around 11000) in a country of 300 million, but in the UK we only had about 280 gun deaths last year. And since a crack down we had on guns in the mid 90's there has been a steady 30% drop in gun deaths. Our solution to the problem is less guns, your solution is more, our system has seen a drop of a third in gun deaths in 10 years, has yours?

and last I checked, since your government disarmed the law abiding citizens, overall crime has increased. The criminals know folks are sitting ducks
red states rule
red states rule

Back to top Go down

Post by red states rule Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:01 am

Hey noir, have you ever heard about a shooting at at a gun show?
red states rule
red states rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Noir Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:03 am

there is a big big dirrence in Crime increasing, and you know it. Yes overall crime is going up, but that a because 10 years ago people didn't have iPods that others could steal from them, but now ofcourse we do. I'm sure the same is happening in America. Our main problem at the min is knife crime, as youths want to. Arty knives so the 'feel safe' and surprise surprise knife crime is on the increase. The goverment is currently working to try and reduce the number of youths carrying knives to reduce stabbings.

But you have made me digress, if you want to start a discussion on crime in general then start a new thread, don't do me the insult of trying to lose me in a debate within another issue.

Now if you would please answer my point at the end of my last post on which system is more effective.
Noir
Noir

Back to top Go down

Post by red states rule Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:08 am

Noir wrote:there is a big big dirrence in Crime increasing, and you know it. Yes overall crime is going up, but that a because 10 years ago people didn't have iPods that others could steal from them, but now ofcourse we do. I'm sure the same is happening in America. Our main problem at the min is knife crime, as youths want to. Arty knives so the 'feel safe' and surprise surprise knife crime is on the increase. The goverment is currently working to try and reduce the number of youths carrying knives to reduce stabbings.

But you have made me digress, if you want to start a discussion on crime in general then start a new thread, don't do me the insult of trying to lose me in a debate within another issue.

Now if you would please answer my point at the end of my last post on which system is more effective.

Our population has grown - thanks to illegals immigrants who fail to obey the law. Our hails are jammed with criminal illegals. I saw a stat where over 90% of the outstanding murder warrents in LA are for illegals

Your crime rate increase is because the criminals know their victims are helpless. The crook has the gun, and their victim has a knife (at best)
red states rule
red states rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Noir Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:11 am

red states rule wrote:Hey noir, have you ever heard about a shooting at at a gun show?

Nope...and now that you come to mention it I can't remember 1 case from the Uk were someone has gone on a crazy shooting spree, funny thaat...
Noir
Noir

Back to top Go down

Post by red states rule Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:14 am

Noir wrote:
red states rule wrote:Hey noir, have you ever heard about a shooting at at a gun show?

Nope...and now that you come to mention it I can't remember 1 case from the Uk were someone has gone on a crazy shooting spree, funny thaat...

Yet the crime rate has increased since your government disarmed the law abiding citizens. Now only the criminals are armed

Is it true the cop on the corner does not cary a gun anymore?
red states rule
red states rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Noir Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:18 am

red states rule wrote:
Noir wrote:there is a big big dirrence in Crime increasing, and you know it. Yes overall crime is going up, but that a because 10 years ago people didn't have iPods that others could steal from them, but now ofcourse we do. I'm sure the same is happening in America. Our main problem at the min is knife crime, as youths want to. Arty knives so the 'feel safe' and surprise surprise knife crime is on the increase. The goverment is currently working to try and reduce the number of youths carrying knives to reduce stabbings.

Our population has grown - thanks to illegals immigrants who fail to obey the law. Our hails are jammedwith criminal illegals. I saw a stat where over 90% of the outstanding murder warrents in LA are for illegals

Your crime rate increase is because the criminals know their victims are helpless. The crook has the gun, and their victim has a knife (at best)

So your blaming the 11000 deaths on illegal imagrants? I also not that your 90% stat is o my for LA, and it's also for murder, not murder with a gun, so I'm sure you can see how distorted that figure looks.

And I do t low whY you think the Uk is like, but there are certai my not folks runnin around with guns, as I said they have got knives, then again you obviously know better than me.
Noir
Noir

Back to top Go down

Post by red states rule Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:24 am

Noir wrote:
red states rule wrote:

Our population has grown - thanks to illegals immigrants who fail to obey the law. Our hails are jammedwith criminal illegals. I saw a stat where over 90% of the outstanding murder warrents in LA are for illegals

So your blaming the 11000 deaths on illegal imagrants? I also not that your 90% stat is o my for LA, and it's also for murder, not murder with a gun, so I'm sure you can see how distorted that figure looks.

And I do t low whY you think the Uk is like, but there are certai my not folks runnin around with guns, as I said they have got knives, then again you obviously know better than me.

Illegals are committing crimes - I have a thread showing how many are in our jails

As far as my stat on outstanding warrents:

snip

Police commanders may not want to discuss, much less respond to, the illegal-alien crisis, but its magnitude for law enforcement is startling. Some examples:

• In Los Angeles, 95 percent of all outstanding warrants for homicide (which total 1,200 to 1,500) target illegal aliens. Up to two-thirds of all fugitive felony warrants (17,000) are for illegal aliens.

• A confidential California Department of Justice study reported in 1995 that 60 percent of the 20,000-strong 18th Street Gang in southern California is illegal; police officers say the proportion is actually much greater. The bloody gang collaborates with the Mexican Mafia, the dominant force in California prisons, on complex drug-distribution schemes, extortion, and drive-by assassinations, and commits an assault or robbery every day in L.A. County. The gang has grown dramatically over the last two decades by recruiting recently arrived youngsters, most of them illegal, from Central America and Mexico.

• The leadership of the Columbia Lil’ Cycos gang, which uses murder and racketeering to control the drug market around L.A.’s MacArthur Park, was about 60 percent illegal in 2002, says former assistant U.S. attorney Luis Li. Francisco Martinez, a Mexican Mafia member and an illegal alien, controlled the gang from prison, while serving time for felonious reentry following deportation.
http://www.city-journal.org/html/14_1_the_illegal_alien.html

I am sure the numbers are higher since the article was written

When you disarm the people, the criminals say thank you and hand over your money
red states rule
red states rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Noir Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:31 am

red states rule wrote:
Noir wrote:

Yet the crime rate has increased since your government disarmed the law abiding citizens. Now only the criminals are armed

Ofcourse the police carry guns.

You are not getting this at all, yes crime has gone up but gun crime has gone down

Lemme put this another way, you have 'the crop' (the people) you have 'crows' (gun deaths) and you have 'disease' (total crime). Now birds and disease are others bad for the crop, as they will kill some of the crop, so the farmer puts in place scarecrows, and sure enough the amount of crop distroyed by the crows drops by 30%, but disease is on the rise, so is it the crowd that are to blame? No clearly not.

That's about as simply as I can put it, I can only assume you are trying to deliberatly misunderstand me, if you are being serrious and don't see how you are arguing about the wrong issue then I feel sorry for you.
Noir
Noir

Back to top Go down

Post by red states rule Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:42 am

Noir wrote:
red states rule wrote:
Noir wrote:

Ofcourse the police carry guns.

You are not getting this at all, yes crime has gone up but gun crime has gone down

Lemme put this another way, you have 'the crop' (the people) you have 'crows' (gun deaths) and you have 'disease' (total crime). Now birds and disease are others bad for the crop, as they will kill some of the crop, so the farmer puts in place scarecrows, and sure enough the amount of crop distroyed by the crows drops by 30%, but disease is on the rise, so is it the crowd that are to blame? No clearly not.

That's about as simply as I can put it, I can only assume you are trying to deliberatly misunderstand me, if you are being serrious and don't see how you are arguing about the wrong issue then I feel sorry for you.

Of ocurse crimes has increased - the criminals know the folks are unarmed (unless they choose to break the law)

Look at DC. DC has the strictest gun laws in the nation (unril struck down by the USCS) and it was the murder capital of the world for many years

You can pas all the gun laws you want. You can ban guns

The only things you can count on is the crime rate will increase because only the criminals will have guns - and they know it
red states rule
red states rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:10 am

Noir wrote:and what happens when a teacher goes crazy and starts shooting up his students?... I guess then you'll want even more guns. Cus guns don't kill people, death kills people.

Hmmm... can you show me an instance where a teacher has ever done that?
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 981
Registration date : 2008-07-25

https://thebeltwayforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Noir Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:24 am

No I can't, but would you rather wait until something happens and then have to react to it, rather than prevent it.
Noir
Noir

Back to top Go down

Post by red states rule Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:50 am

Noir wrote:No I can't, but would you rather wait until something happens and then have to react to it, rather than prevent it.

Now if teachers were armed at VA Tech, one could have stopped the slaughter and saved lives
red states rule
red states rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:40 pm

Noir wrote:No I can't, but would you rather wait until something happens and then have to react to it, rather than prevent it.

You've never heard "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?"

Would you rather neglect your car until it broke down, or do preventative maintenance on it?
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 981
Registration date : 2008-07-25

https://thebeltwayforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down