The Beltway Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIME Defends Obama's Tire Inflation Energy Plan

2 posters

Go down

TIME Defends Obama's Tire Inflation Energy Plan Empty TIME Defends Obama's Tire Inflation Energy Plan

Post by red states rule Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:46 am

It did not take the liberal media to jump to the defense of the messiah. This is geting good folks

The Tire-Gauge Solution: No Joke
Monday, Aug. 04, 2008 By MICHAEL GRUNWALD

How out of touch is Barack Obama? He's so out of touch that he suggested that if all Americans inflated their tires properly and took their cars for regular tune-ups, they could save as much oil as new offshore drilling would produce. Gleeful Republicans have made this their daily talking point; Rush Limbaugh is having a field day; and the Republican National Committee is sending tire gauges labeled "Barack Obama's Energy Plan" to Washington reporters.

But who's really out of touch? The Bush Administration estimates that expanded offshore drilling could increase oil production by 200,000 bbl. per day by 2030. We use about 20 million bbl. per day, so that would meet about 1% of our demand two decades from now. Meanwhile, efficiency experts say that keeping tires inflated can improve gas mileage 3%, and regular maintenance can add another 4%. Many drivers already follow their advice, but if everyone did, we could immediately reduce demand several percentage points. In other words: Obama is right.

In fact, Obama's actual energy plan is much more than a tire gauge. But that's not what's so pernicious about the tire-gauge attacks. Politics ain't beanbag, and Obama has defended himself against worse smears. The real problem with the attacks on his tire-gauge plan is that efforts to improve conservation and efficiency happen to be the best approaches to dealing with the energy crisis — the cheapest, cleanest, quickest and easiest ways to ease our addiction to oil, reduce our pain at the pump and address global warming. It's a pretty simple concept: if our use of fossil fuels is increasing our reliance on Middle Eastern dictators while destroying the planet, maybe we ought to use less.

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1829354,00.html
red states rule
red states rule

Number of posts : 772
Location : TIME Defends Obama's Tire Inflation Energy Plan Us10
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

TIME Defends Obama's Tire Inflation Energy Plan Empty Re: TIME Defends Obama's Tire Inflation Energy Plan

Post by Pale Rider Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:26 am

They're counting on the ignorance of the American people. Problem is, there is a whole shit load of ignorant people in America. Just look at hussein. It takes an absolute moron to support such a racist, gas bag, but people are doing it, and they're imbiciles, and they're the same imbiciles that will buy the tire gauge crap.

Last edited by Pale Rider on Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 981
Registration date : 2008-07-25

https://thebeltwayforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

TIME Defends Obama's Tire Inflation Energy Plan Empty Re: TIME Defends Obama's Tire Inflation Energy Plan

Post by red states rule Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:55 pm

Pale Rider wrote:They're counting the ignorance of the American people. Problem is, there is a whole shit load of ignorant people in America. Just look at hussein. It takes an absolute moron to support such a racist, gas bag, but people are doing it, and they're imbiciles, and they're the same imbiciles that will buy the tire gauge crap.

The Obamabots care little about details, like their messiah is full of shit
red states rule
red states rule

Back to top Go down

Post by red states rule Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:38 am

Polluter Bush Hiding Fresh Air Inside Your Car's Tires
"We could save all the oil that they're talking about getting off drilling, if everybody was just inflating their tires and -- and -- and getting regular tune-ups, you can actually save just as much." - President Barack Obama

Less than ten minutes after President Obama issued his holy fatwa about filling our tires with air to bring down gas prices, I was already down at the local Jiffy Lube demanding to speak to the fascist in charge.

"I want answers," I demanded, furiously pounding my fist on the counter, "and I want them NOW!"

I keep telling you," the neo-con chickenhawk manager persisted. "They're those round rubber things on the bottom of your car!"

"And you fill them up with AIR?" I pressed him further.

"For the last time," he sighed, "YES."

This wasn't good. Despite his godlike intelligence, President Obama obviously didn't think this thing through. Every ounce of air we put into our tires is one less ounce that humans - and more importantly, animals - have for breathing. It's air stolen directly from the lungs of Mother Earth and replaced with deadly exhaust fumes. It's a terrible crime against nature that has been going on right under our very noses for years. Apparently, the Jiffy Lube has been surreptitiously - and without my consent - filling my tires with AIR every time I take the Prius in for a tune-up.

Well, I told Jiffy Jim in no uncertain terms to release the air imprisoned within my so-called "tires" hereto and forthwith.

"But sir," he complained, intentionally neglecting to employ a gender-neutral pronoun, "if I deflate your tires, you won't be able to drive your car out of here."

This is why uneducated conservatives will never be able to compete against enlightened progressives in a game of wits. He really thought he had me stumped, but I was one step ahead of him.

"So fill then back up again," I instructed him, "with greenhouse gases!"

It was brilliant! By freeing the air stashed within my tires and replacing it with the greenhouse gases that were destroying the plant, I could essentially kill two of Bush's nasty little birds with one stone.

The manager, of course, couldn't grasp such a complex idea with his tiny, reptilian brain. He gave me that same look I get from rethugs whenever I bring up the Downing Street Memos during a conversation about potato salad. But all cons are motivated by greed, so after I offered to pay him $100 to replace the air in my tires with greenhouse gases, he finally agreed to the task. He even requested that I send my progressive friends and co-workers over to have the service done on their vehicles.

The down side is that you have to leave your car there overnight. It's worth it, though, to save the planet. I picked up my Prius this afternoon - and although it's a deep red color, it's the greenest car on the road.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/2008/08/polluter-bush-h.html
red states rule
red states rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down