The Beltway Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Charged in Fla. With Threatening to Kill Obama; Authorities Find Weapons in Hotel Room

4 posters

Go down

Man Charged in Fla. With Threatening to Kill Obama; Authorities Find Weapons in Hotel Room Empty Man Charged in Fla. With Threatening to Kill Obama; Authorities Find Weapons in Hotel Room

Post by Pale Rider Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:10 am

Man Charged in Fla. With Threatening to Kill Obama; Authorities Find Weapons in Hotel Room

Thursday, August 07, 2008 07:42:07 PM

A man who authorities said was keeping weapons and military-style gear in his hotel room and car appeared in court Thursday on charges he threatened to assassinate Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.

Raymond Hunter Geisel, 22, was arrested by the Secret Service on Saturday in Miami and was ordered held at Miami's downtown detention center without bail Thursday by a federal magistrate.

A Secret Service affidavit charges that Geisel made the threat during a training class for bail bondsmen in Miami in late July. According to someone else in the 48-member class, Geisel allegedly referred to Obama with a racial epithet and continued, "If he gets elected, I'll assassinate him myself."

Obama was most recently in Florida on Aug. 1-2 but did not visit the South Florida area.

Another person in the class quoted Geisel as saying that "he hated George W. Bush and that he wanted to put a bullet in the president's head," according to the Secret Service.

Geisel denied in a written statement to a Secret Service agent that he ever made those threats, and the documents don't indicate that he ever took steps to carry out any assassination. He was charged only with threatening Obama, the presumptive Democratic nominee, but not for any threat against President Bush.

Geisel's court-appointed attorney declined comment. The charge of threatening a major candidate for president or vice president carries a maximum prison sentence of five years.

The Obama campaign declined comment Thursday on the alleged threat.

Article continues here...
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 981
Location : Man Charged in Fla. With Threatening to Kill Obama; Authorities Find Weapons in Hotel Room Us10
Registration date : 2008-07-25

https://thebeltwayforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Man Charged in Fla. With Threatening to Kill Obama; Authorities Find Weapons in Hotel Room Empty Re: Man Charged in Fla. With Threatening to Kill Obama; Authorities Find Weapons in Hotel Room

Post by King Leonidas Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:56 pm

What happened to the Freedom of Speech the dems are all fired up about? Guess it only applies to stuff they want to hear.....

King Leonidas

Number of posts : 207
Location : Man Charged in Fla. With Threatening to Kill Obama; Authorities Find Weapons in Hotel Room Us10

Back to top Go down

Man Charged in Fla. With Threatening to Kill Obama; Authorities Find Weapons in Hotel Room Empty Re: Man Charged in Fla. With Threatening to Kill Obama; Authorities Find Weapons in Hotel Room

Post by Pale Rider Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:00 pm

King Leonidas wrote:What happened to the Freedom of Speech the dems are all fired up about? Guess it only applies to stuff they want to hear.....

Yeah it was all funny ha ha a joke when some lib wrote a book about killing President bush. Somebody talks about offing the messiah and the whole lib community comes unglued, and he ain't even President.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Waterrescuedude Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:29 pm

Pale Rider wrote:
King Leonidas wrote:What happened to the Freedom of Speech the dems are all fired up about? Guess it only applies to stuff they want to hear.....

Yeah it was all funny ha ha a joke when some lib wrote a book about killing President bush. Somebody talks about offing the messiah and the whole lib community comes unglued, and he ain't even President.

I saw a trailer to a movie about some jackass wanting to kill bush and some dudes myspace page was talking about it and stuff I sent his Myspace link to the secret service. I dont know what ever happened i didnt follow up and they never contacted me so who knows. But yeah and think he is an African American raised by a muslim family. Well from what one of the talk shows here said that membership in hate groups was up 30 percent so yeah I'm sure it wont be the last threat. And im sure that everyone in office has recieved a threat from someone at sometime.

Waterrescuedude

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by red states rule Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:36 pm

They should lock this jerk up, not only for the threat - but for his own good
red states rule
red states rule

Number of posts : 772
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:12 am

Waterrescuedude wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:

I saw a trailer to a movie about some jackass wanting to kill bush and some dudes myspace page was talking about it and stuff I sent his Myspace link to the secret service. I dont know what ever happened i didnt follow up and they never contacted me so who knows. But yeah and think he is an African American raised by a muslim family. Well from what one of the talk shows here said that membership in hate groups was up 30 percent so yeah I'm sure it wont be the last threat. And im sure that everyone in office has recieved a threat from someone at sometime.

Good move forwarding that to the Secret Service, whether or not they did anything. At least you did your patriotic duty.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down