The Beltway Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are People AFRAID to Post?

+3
Noir
Southern Man
Pale Rider
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Are People AFRAID to Post? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are People AFRAID to Post?

Post by Pale Rider Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:43 am

namvet wrote:I always let them throw the 1st punch. ok???? when I come on a board I am hoping NOT to go thru this shit. knowing I will. there's always some liberal fuck that goes after my avatar on every board. insults me or the war i fought in. or goes after us all. its alway's my god damned fault for losing the war. name calling. I don't take that shit from nobody. the brass knuckles go on, and then their telling ME to 'tone down the insults". I knock the living shit out of em till they take off running. for me its like conditioned training. their looking for trouble or trying to get me kicked off in the first 5 mins im on!!! and you won't believe the mods and admins that always take their side.
ill be nice till its time not to be nice........................

I'd have to agree with ya nv that the liberals are real good at throwing out the first insult. Been there, done that, and I fight back too, and where I just came from, I got banned for it and the liberal didn't, time and time again. Well that ain't gonna happen here, because either I or rsr will nip it in the bud IMMEDIATELY. We're not going to have these threads on this board that after five posts turn into vulgar, useless, insult, free for alls. It's a complete waste of time and use of a board. I want you to be able to enjoy yourself here as well as everyone else and not have to endure someone personally insulting you without provocation or cause. They can tear up your opinion, but keep the personal out of it. That's all I ask, and I guarantee you, this place will be a MUCH better place to hang out and post than the last sewer we were all on.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 981
Registration date : 2008-07-25

https://thebeltwayforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:33 pm

red states rule wrote:
King Leonidas wrote:Who let actslikeamartian on the board? There goes the neighborhood.

Namvet, have fun with acts, he's a liberal dipshit with his head so far up his ass he can floss his teeth and wipe his ass in the same movement.

Stop right there guys

I invited him. This is a board where people can post things that interest them, and people decide if they want to respond

Personal insults are not going to be tolerated by me. I have edited the posts and cleaned them up

You big giant stud you.

BTW you know they were right about Ray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Man Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:41 pm

OCA wrote:

You big giant stud you....
You ought to know you Greek bastard! laugh point up
Southern Man
Southern Man

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:43 pm

Southern Man wrote:
OCA wrote:

You big giant stud you....
You ought to know you Greek bastard! laugh point up

Just really got a kick out of RSR trying to play Billy Bad Ass. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Man Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:50 pm

Watch out- maybe he wants to be the dmp of this forum.
Southern Man
Southern Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:55 pm

Knock it off... now.

I don't know how much more clear I have to make it. This personal insult shit is NOT going to go on here. Want to do it, go somewhere else.

Last edited by Pale Rider on Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Man Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:57 pm

I can't help it. OCA gets me so excited.
Southern Man
Southern Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:58 pm

Southern Man wrote:I can't help it. OCA gets me so excited.

You're going to have to help it.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:07 pm

Pale Rider wrote:Knock it off... now.

I don't know how much more clear I have to make it. This personal insult shit is NOT going to go on here. Want to do it, go somewhere else.

Pale my friend, it just sounds funny as fuck coming from the likes of RSR, kind of like having a twelve yr old come up to you and ask you if you want some of him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:09 pm

OCA wrote:

Pale my friend, it just sounds funny as fuck coming from the likes of RSR, kind of like having a twelve yr old come up to you and ask you if you want some of him.

Just please, I'm asking you as a friend, to leave the personal insults and sarcasm at the door when you come here. rsr is just doing his job as a mod, and it's what I've asked him to do. I want a civil board.

Last edited by Pale Rider on Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:10 pm

Pale Rider wrote:

Pale, in all reality we haven't been insulting at all. I'd hardly call calling someone Billy Bad Ass "insulting"............you know me way better than that, if I really wanted to insult RSR I could think of a thousand worse ways to do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:12 pm

Pale Rider wrote:
OCA wrote:

Just please, I'm asking you as a friend, to leave the personal insults and sarcasm at the door when you come here. rsr is just doing his job as a mod, and it's what I've asked him to do. I want a civil board.

Ok, as long as his hands are off me then all is good my friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:13 pm

OCA wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:

Pale, in all reality we haven't been insulting at all. I'd hardly call calling someone Billy Bad Ass "insulting"............you know me way better than that, if I really wanted to insult RSR I could think of a thousand worse ways to do it.

It's just not needed. It's instigating. It's unprovoked snide remarks and I prefer it's not done here.

I know you two's history, and I'm going to nip it in the bud before it starts.

You want to pick on him, do it at DP.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:15 pm

OCA wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:
OCA wrote:

I guarantee you pard, he'll debate you on the topics all day long, and I don't care how down and dirty people get doing that, but he's not going to get personal with you.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Man Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:19 pm

OCA wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:

No shit Pale. You gotta lighten up if this is going to be a good board. I live off sarcasm like a fly lives off shit.
Southern Man
Southern Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:21 pm

Pale Rider wrote:
OCA wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:
OCA wrote:

I guarantee you pard, he'll debate you on the topics all day long, and I don't care how down and dirty people get doing that, but he's not going to get personal with you.

Pale my friend you know that shit ain't gonna fly, politics or not, me and you are two peas in a pod, coiled up rattlesnakes just waiting for the first field mouse to come by......then we pounce and get our bellies full.

My point is its not in our nature to not be sarcastic, why fight it?

But i'll try and be a good boy and leave the new kid on the block alone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:21 pm

I guess it may come as a shock to most of you guys that know me, but I really don't like the personal insults. If you were to spend some time going back through old threads on old boards, you'd see that 95% of the time when I got all nasty, it was someone else that started it. My opinions are very conservative, old fashioned, straight and narrow, and they tend to piss a liberal off IMMEDIATELY, so the first thing out of their mouths after reading my posts was insults, character assissinations and sarcasm. Of course that then set me off. I never really enjoyed it. It's tedious and a waste of time, and I think it looks like hell on a board and reflects badly on it. I'd much rather have a board where people are civil and debate in adult manners. That's my plan for here.

Last edited by Pale Rider on Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:22 pm

OCA wrote:Pale my friend you know that shit ain't gonna fly, politics or not, me and you are two peas in a pod, coiled up rattlesnakes just waiting for the first field mouse to come by......then we pounce and get our bellies full.

My point is its not in our nature to not be sarcastic, why fight it?

But i'll try and be a good boy and leave the new kid on the block alone.

I have to respectfully disagree with ya pard. Read my post above.

I am glad you're here though. Just give it the old college try to be nice. happy3
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:29 pm

Pale Rider wrote:I guess it may come as a shock to most of you guys that know me, but I really don't like the personal insults. If you were to spend some time going back through old threads on old boards, you'd see that 95% of the time when I got all nasty, it was someone else that started it. My opinions are very conservative, old fashioned, straight and narrow, and they tend to piss a liberal off IMMEDIATELY, so the first thing out of their mouths after reading my posts was insults, character assissinations and sarcasm. Of course that then set me off. I never really enjoyed it. It's tedious and a waste of time, and I think it looks like hell on a board and reflects badly on it. I'd much rather have a board where people are civil and debate in adult manners. That's my plan for here.

Pale my friend that is a noble thought, and if that happened this would be the first board on the whole fucking web to be that way. Can it happen? Oh sure for a spell but this is politics and political boards always boil down to debate mixed with fucking pot shots thrown in for good measure. Hell one has to only watch the cable news networks to see that that is true.

What i'm saying is that if its not me or southie doing it there will be others along in due time, it cannot be 100% controlled. Hell is already been done here and before I registered.

Last edited by OCA on Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Man Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:32 pm

Pale Rider wrote:I guess it may come as a shock to most of you guys that know me, but I really don't like the personal insults. If you were to spend some time going back through old threads on old boards, you'd see that 95% of the time when I got all nasty, it was someone else that started it. My opinions are very conservative, old fashioned, straight and narrow, and they tend to piss a liberal off IMMEDIATELY, so the first thing out of their mouths after reading my posts was insults, character assissinations and sarcasm. Of course that then set me off. I never really enjoyed it. It's tedious and a waste of time, and I think it looks like hell on a board and reflects badly on it. I'd much rather have a board where people are civil and debate in adult manners. That's my plan for here.

There's a big difference between sophmoric jibes at your buddies and at the throat attacks that you speak of. Maybe it's your mid-west roots that you don't like that. Its not the first time that some have been displeased by the northeast culture, where sarcasm and biting remarks are expected. When I moved from Mass to central NYS I experienced that, then again moving to NC. I think that's where OCA is coming from and is certainly where I'm coming from.

You notice that I don't dig into people this way unless I like them. Right, Oh White Beard?
Southern Man
Southern Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Man Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:34 pm

OCA wrote:
What i'm saying is that if its not me or **** doing it there will be others along in due time, it cannot be 100% controlled. Hell is already been done here and before I registered.
Please edit your post- I'm putting that name to bed and expect my friends to do the same.
Southern Man
Southern Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:39 pm

Southern Man wrote:
OCA wrote:
What i'm saying is that if its not me or **** doing it there will be others along in due time, it cannot be 100% controlled. Hell is already been done here and before I registered.
Please edit your post- I'm putting that name to bed and expect my friends to do the same.

Alright southie

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Man Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:40 pm

OCA wrote: .....Pale my friend that is a noble thought, .......
By the way shit-fer-brains, where's your gawddamn avatar? I wanna see that Sopranos guy with the gay white stripes in his hair.
Southern Man
Southern Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:40 pm

OCA wrote:

Pale my friend that is a noble thought, and if that happened this would be the first board on the whole fucking web to be that way. Can it happen? Oh sure for a spell but this is politics and political boards always boil down to debate mixed with fucking pot shots thrown in for good measure. Hell one has to only watch the cable news networks to see that that is true.

What i'm saying is that if its not me or Glock doing it there will be others along in due time, it cannot be 100% controlled. Hell is already been done here and before I registered.
I'm going to give it a shot pard. It's worth it.

And like I say, I don't care how down and dirty things get discussing an issue or opinion, just as long as the personal stays out of it. Sure it can't ALL be kept out ALL the time, but if people understand that the full throttle, flame fest, insult free for alls won't be tolerated, then hopefully we'll be able to keep it down to a manageable level. It takes active moderation and participation by the owner and mods. Just ignoring it is how it gets out of hand, and we've all seen it before, and you all know what I mean.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:43 pm

Southern Man wrote:There's a big difference between sophmoric jibes at your buddies and at the throat attacks that you speak of. Maybe it's your mid-west roots that you don't like that. Its not the first time that some have been displeased by the northeast culture, where sarcasm and biting remarks are expected. When I moved from Mass to central NYS I experienced that, then again moving to NC. I think that's where OCA is coming from and is certainly where I'm coming from.

You notice that I don't dig into people this way unless I like them. Right, Oh White Beard?

I agree. But it all starts somewhere, and OCA and rsr have been at each other before, so it wouldn't take much to start that over. It gets complicated for me because I like them both. So understand when I try and nix it right away, I'm just trying to keep them from ripping each others throats out here. I'd bet they could get along if they kept the personal out of their debates, and they're both good debaters.

Know what I mean... slacker? grin

Last edited by Pale Rider on Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next