The Beltway Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road Rage: the Hunter Becomes the Hunted.

4 posters

Go down

Road Rage: the Hunter Becomes the Hunted. Empty Road Rage: the Hunter Becomes the Hunted.

Post by Southern Man Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:43 pm

I’m driving below the speed limit on Silas Creek Parkway southbound in Winston-Salem yesterday afternoon (4 lane, divided) and I hear this small car horn behind me that sounded like it was stuck on. It was a road rage event- this little old lady, looks like she was abut 75 years old, driving her Buick, is getting hounded by this guy in a Scion. They pass me on the left and I can tell she’s really stressed out, tries to pull over in front of me and slow down. Mr. Scion dives in behind her again, with his fist solidly on the horn. She tries to move over to the other lane to give room to pass but the guy aggressively moves in behind her again. So I meter in a bit more fuel and get on behind this guy- not close, just following him.

So we get a red light, they’re in the right lane and I get up as close as I can. When he sees my big chrome grill towering over his rear window his horn stops making noise but too late buddy- the big dog has got your tail.

The light turns green and the old lady again moves over to the left and I casually get in behind her as Mr. Scion stays on the right. I follow her for about a mile and Scion’s ahead of us, and he quickly pulls right onto the ramp to the highway, Business 40 westbound. I figured he’d do that so I crank the wheel and dart over from the left lane, and follow him down the ramp. As soon as he gets on the highway he steps on the gas, and I follow him about ¼ mile behind.

He again tries a fake-out escape at the left split to I-40 westbound and I trump him by fading right, then pulling left at the last minute and follow on behind him. The posted speed increases to 65 and Mr. Scion tops it out at about 80. I know this section is a speed trap so I let my following distance get a bit larger, but when we get over the hill where I can see ahead I accelerate up to 95 and quickly catch him, then settle in about 2 seconds behind him at his cruising speed of about 75. And I turn my lights on.

I can tell he’s getting nervous now because he’s trying to switch lanes, slow down and get behind me. He tries this several times but I can read traffic like a book and outmaneuver him every time. One time cuts right in front of a tractor trailer and the driver got on his horn and nearly blew Mr. Scion off the road.

I kept on him for another few miles then got off at my usual exit.
Southern Man
Southern Man

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Road Rage: the Hunter Becomes the Hunted. Empty Re: Road Rage: the Hunter Becomes the Hunted.

Post by Pale Rider Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:53 pm

So.... this prick could dish it out to a little old lady, but he couldn't take it when it came to him.

Don't ya love those kinds of people?
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 981
Registration date : 2008-07-25

https://thebeltwayforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Road Rage: the Hunter Becomes the Hunted. Empty Re: Road Rage: the Hunter Becomes the Hunted.

Post by Southern Man Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:04 pm

Exactly. I was happy to come to the woman’s defense, and even happier to see Mr. Toughie shit his drawers. The fact that I was able to do so without venturing off my intended route was icing on the pudding cake.
Southern Man
Southern Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:40 pm

Southern Man wrote:Exactly. I was happy to come to the woman’s defense, and even happier to see Mr. Toughie shit his drawers. The fact that I was able to do so without venturing off my intended route was icing on the pudding cake.

Mr. toughie? In a Scion? Sounds more like some little smart ass liberal preppy.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Man Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:11 am

Actually he looked like he was about 65. Long white hair- definitely a lib.

Its the old guys who are the worst road ragers. Must be guys that can't perform elsewhere and are thus frusrtated.

Back in my 20's when I rode a M/C in Boston I picked up old men ragers quite often.
Southern Man
Southern Man

Back to top Go down

Post by King Leonidas Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:11 pm

My favorite time was watching a guy with road rage in an intersection screaming at some poor old lady. Unlucky for him the lights and siren in my unmarked car worked well. Pulled him over and had a nice long talk (he was late for work) and then leisurely wrote him his good driving coupon before sending him on his way (about 35 minutes after stopping him).

Sometimes working traffic can be fun.

King Leonidas

Number of posts : 207

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:52 pm

King Leonidas wrote:My favorite time was watching a guy with road rage in an intersection screaming at some poor old lady. Unlucky for him the lights and siren in my unmarked car worked well. Pulled him over and had a nice long talk (he was late for work) and then leisurely wrote him his good driving coupon before sending him on his way (about 35 minutes after stopping him).

Any sons a bitch that screams at an old lady needs an attitude ajustment. For Christ sake, what if it was your mother this shit stain was hollering at. I'd kick his fuckin' ass.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Man Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:21 pm

King Leonidas wrote:My favorite time was watching a guy with road rage in an intersection screaming at some poor old lady. Unlucky for him the lights and siren in my unmarked car worked well. Pulled him over and had a nice long talk (he was late for work) and then leisurely wrote him his good driving coupon before sending him on his way (about 35 minutes after stopping him).

It sure would be nice to be a cop sometimes. But having a loaded pistol in the car isn't too bad either. happy3
Southern Man
Southern Man

Back to top Go down

Post by theironlady Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:12 pm

Southern Man wrote:Actually he looked like he was about 65. Long white hair- definitely a lib.

Its the old guys who are the worst road ragers. Must be guys that can't perform elsewhere and are thus frusrtated.

Back in my 20's when I rode a M/C in Boston I picked up old men ragers quite often.

This is true. I have seen alot of road rage coming from the retired folks ( men) out of the Sun City and Sun City West communities here in Arizona. DEFINATELY worse than the young male drivers.

theironlady

Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by King Leonidas Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:56 pm

Southern Man wrote:

It sure would be nice to be a cop sometimes. But having a loaded pistol in the car isn't too bad either. happy3

It does have it's moments........ happy4

King Leonidas

Number of posts : 207

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down