The Beltway Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going To Get My Eyes Checked And Get New Glasses And Contacts Today...

5 posters

Go down

Going To Get My Eyes Checked And Get New Glasses And Contacts Today... Empty Going To Get My Eyes Checked And Get New Glasses And Contacts Today...

Post by Pale Rider Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:16 am

I STEPPED on my newest pair of glasses a couple months ago when I STUPIDLY took them off and laid them on the garage floor while I was working on a friends bike. Yeah... STUPID! They were completely demolished. But I've been wearing an old pair that one, doesn't have photogray, so when I ride the bike, the sun kills my eyes, and two, the perscription is obviously off. One lense seems to still be close but the other is off a little. The result is my eyes are both focused differently and it gives me a head ache. So, it's been over two years since I've seen the eye doctor so it's time. I have an appointment for 5:30 today at Lenscrafters. They have a deal going on where you get your lenses for free with a frame purchase of $169 or more. I'm sick to tears of these old damn glasses, and am really looking forward to some new ones. happy3
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 981
Location : Going To Get My Eyes Checked And Get New Glasses And Contacts Today... Us10
Registration date : 2008-07-25

https://thebeltwayforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Going To Get My Eyes Checked And Get New Glasses And Contacts Today... Empty Re: Going To Get My Eyes Checked And Get New Glasses And Contacts Today...

Post by Kathianne Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:29 am

Pale Rider wrote:I STEPPED on my newest pair of glasses a couple months ago when I STUPIDLY took them off and laid them on the garage floor while I was working on a friends bike. Yeah... STUPID! They were completely demolished. But I've been wearing an old pair that one, doesn't have photogray, so when I ride the bike, the sun kills my eyes, and two, the perscription is obviously off. One lense seems to still be close but the other is off a little. The result is my eyes are both focused differently and it gives me a head ache. So, it's been over two years since I've seen the eye doctor so it's time. I have an appointment for 5:30 today at Lenscrafters. They have a deal going on where you get your lenses for free with a frame purchase of $169 or more. I'm sick to tears of these old damn glasses, and am really looking forward to some new ones. happy3

Getting old is a bitch. I used to have great vision, better than 20/20. Not long after turning 40, out of the blue, couldn't read a paper without putting it on the wall and moving back 5 ft. Now it appears even distance is getting to be a problem. Shoot it's bad enough not being able to hear without appliances, now the eyes.

Kathianne

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Going To Get My Eyes Checked And Get New Glasses And Contacts Today... Empty Re: Going To Get My Eyes Checked And Get New Glasses And Contacts Today...

Post by Pale Rider Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:42 am

Kathianne wrote:Getting old is a bitch. I used to have great vision, better than 20/20. Not long after turning 40, out of the blue, couldn't read a paper without putting it on the wall and moving back 5 ft. Now it appears even distance is getting to be a problem. Shoot it's bad enough not being able to hear without appliances, now the eyes.

Getting old does suck. I like to wear my contacts. Then I can see a pimple on a flies ass at a hundred yards, but I can't read shit. That and I can't wear them when I ride because at eighty miles an hour your eyes water sometimes, and they'd come flying right out.

I guess I can hear OK, over the ringing of course. I can't fall asleep unless I'm listening to something, or else the ringing starts to sound really loud. Sucks.

Last edited by Pale Rider on Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Location : Going To Get My Eyes Checked And Get New Glasses And Contacts Today... Us10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathianne Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:51 am

Pale Rider wrote:
Kathianne wrote:Getting old is a bitch. I used to have great vision, better than 20/20. Not long after turning 40, out of the blue, couldn't read a paper without putting it on the wall and moving back 5 ft. Now it appears even distance is getting to be a problem. Shoot it's bad enough not being able to hear without appliances, now the eyes.

Getting old does suck. I like to wear my contacts. Then I can see a pimple on a flies ass at hundred yards, but I can't read shit. That and I can't wear them when I ride because at eighty miles an hour your eyes water sometimes, and they'd come flying right out.

I guess I can hear OK, over the ringing of course. I can't fall asleep unless I'm listening to something, or else the ringing starts to sound really loud. Sucks.

I was born with the hearing problem, have worn aids since a kid. I think my eyes helped compensate for the other loss. Now it all sucks! Well not all, just the eyes, ears, blood pressure, and now teeth. Yeah, damn teeth. Another thing that was always above par, starts to bite the dust. I've had 4 root canals in the past 2 years. shock2

Kathianne

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:25 am

Kathianne wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:

Getting old does suck. I like to wear my contacts. Then I can see a pimple on a flies ass at hundred yards, but I can't read shit. That and I can't wear them when I ride because at eighty miles an hour your eyes water sometimes, and they'd come flying right out.

I was born with the hearing problem, have worn aids since a kid. I think my eyes helped compensate for the other loss. Now it all sucks! Well not all, just the eyes, ears, blood pressure, and now teeth. Yeah, damn teeth. Another thing that was always above par, starts to bite the dust. I've had 4 root canals in the past 2 years. shock2

You HAD to mention TEETH... laugh2

Yeah I've still got all mine, and there's no black or anything on them, but they're wearing away. I can feel enamel that's missing. I've been to the dentist recently and had them cleaned, but she said I had the beginning of periodontal disease. I guess my gums are receding a bit. I'll tell ya, if it's not one thing it's another. Screw it. I'm going to die someday anyway... conf2

What does a "root canal" feel like?
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathianne Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:56 am

Pale Rider wrote:
Kathianne wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:

You HAD to mention TEETH... laugh2

Yeah I've still got all mine, and there's no black or anything on them, but they're wearing away. I can feel enamel that's missing. I've been to the dentist recently and had them cleaned, but she said I had the beginning of periodontal disease. I guess my gums are receding a bit. I'll tell ya, if it's not one thing it's another. Screw it. I'm going to die someday anyway... conf2

What does a "root canal" feel like?
The first three, not too bad. The last one, well I started hyperventilating and it felt like they were going into my brain! I know I gave the dentist a fright, he was like, "Stay with me here, I'm stopping, breathe..." jester

Kathianne

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:57 pm

Kathianne wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:What does a "root canal" feel like?
The first three, not too bad. The last one, well I started hyperventilating and it felt like they were going into my brain! I know I gave the dentist a fright, he was like, "Stay with me here, I'm stopping, breathe..." jester

Great... the dentist thinks I may need one... angry4

Last edited by Pale Rider on Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theironlady Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:07 pm

Kathianne wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:I STEPPED on my newest pair of glasses a couple months ago when I STUPIDLY took them off and laid them on the garage floor while I was working on a friends bike. Yeah... STUPID! They were completely demolished. But I've been wearing an old pair that one, doesn't have photogray, so when I ride the bike, the sun kills my eyes, and two, the perscription is obviously off. One lense seems to still be close but the other is off a little. The result is my eyes are both focused differently and it gives me a head ache. So, it's been over two years since I've seen the eye doctor so it's time. I have an appointment for 5:30 today at Lenscrafters. They have a deal going on where you get your lenses for free with a frame purchase of $169 or more. I'm sick to tears of these old damn glasses, and am really looking forward to some new ones. happy3

Getting old is a bitch. I used to have great vision, better than 20/20. Not long after turning 40, out of the blue, couldn't read a paper without putting it on the wall and moving back 5 ft. Now it appears even distance is getting to be a problem. Shoot it's bad enough not being able to hear without appliances, now the eyes.

Holy shit I didnt want to hear that! I am going to be 40 next month and I still have 20/10 in the left eye and 20/15 in the right.

theironlady

Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by King Leonidas Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:57 pm

Showoff! happy4

King Leonidas

Number of posts : 207

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Man Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:14 pm

Wait until you need bifocals.
Southern Man
Southern Man

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by King Leonidas Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:16 pm

She won't. The only plus is she can't see in the dark.

King Leonidas

Number of posts : 207

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:40 am

theironlady wrote:
Kathianne wrote:

Holy shit I didnt want to hear that! I am going to be 40 next month and I still have 20/10 in the left eye and 20/15 in the right.

Damn... shock1

I have 20/50 in both eyes for distance, but see 20/15 near me. The eye exam for glasses and contacts plus a retinal scan was $163. They gave a new pair of trial contacts for sensitive eyes, and a trial pair of "BIFOCAL" contacts for free. The new glasses were $419, that is INCLUDING a $243 discount because I'm a member of the American Legion. Shit ain't cheap anymore... conf2
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Man Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:01 am

A new pair of glasses used to be $100. Then some companies started offering insurace for it.....
Southern Man
Southern Man

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:54 pm

Southern Man wrote:A new pair of glasses used to be $100. Then some companies started offering insurace for it.....

I suppose that's played a big part in why they're so God awful expensive.

But what did find in my new $400 pair of glasses? The left lens is lose in the frame, and it looks like it's got a hair line crack in it. So they tell me come back down and they'll fix them. So I make a special trip to the damn mall, which I HATE to go to, and when I get there they tell me their generator machine is down and they can't do it. So now I have to make ANOTHER trip to the damn mall, and now I'm starting to get just a little bit agitated.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down