The Beltway Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A brief message about being bi-polar

4 posters

Go down

A brief message about being bi-polar Empty A brief message about being bi-polar

Post by gabosaurus Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:16 am

Let's agree now to not start or spread any shit about being bi-polar. It is an inherited medical condition that no one has any choice about. I am bi-polar. So is my mom.
It's not any difference than having cancer or a combat-related disability. You didn't choose what you got. Neither did I. Or anyone else who has a chemical imbalance.
It can be controlled through diagnosis, treatment and medication. My mom and I both contribute to society. We're not sitting on our butts all days watching TV.
Thanks for your support. happy2

gabosaurus

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

A brief message about being bi-polar Empty Re: A brief message about being bi-polar

Post by Pale Rider Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:39 am

I'm afraid to ask what brought that on. If it's why I think, I don't want hear it. I've heard and been through enough already.

I've stressed to everyone else and made it perfectly clear in the rules, this isn't DP and there isn't going to be full fledged, unprovoked, personal insult fest, free for alls going on here. No one likes it. It's a waste of time and energy, and it ruins a board for people that want civil debate.

I've seen you get picked on pretty bad Gabby, and I've stuck up for you. Because I've seen you argue your point of view without getting down in the gutter with the ones insulting you. I get the impression you're smarter than they are and have more class than that.

Just to conclude, my vision for this board is a place where filth and insults are checked at the door. If people find themselves incapable of refraining from insulting people, then maybe another board would be better.

The old ways aren't the way this place is going to be.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now on a lighter note... I had NO IDEA you had bipolar. I know it can be quite frustrating for people around a person with it when it's not controlled. I had a good friend back in Wisconsin who's wife was bipolar. For this reason or that sometimes she'd quit taking her medication. Next thing you know he'd be getting a room down at the hotel because she'd thrown him out. He'd convince her to start taking her meds again and then he'd move back in the house. Back and forth he went.

Last edited by Pale Rider on Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 981
Registration date : 2008-07-25

https://thebeltwayforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

A brief message about being bi-polar Empty Re: A brief message about being bi-polar

Post by namvet Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:57 am

gabosaurus wrote:Let's agree now to not start or spread any shit about being bi-polar. It is an inherited medical condition that no one has any choice about. I am bi-polar. So is my mom.
It's not any difference than having cancer or a combat-related disability. You didn't choose what you got. Neither did I. Or anyone else who has a chemical imbalance.
It can be controlled through diagnosis, treatment and medication. My mom and I both contribute to society. We're not sitting on our butts all days watching TV.
Thanks for your support. happy2

so how's your treatment going?
namvet
namvet

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Noir Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:15 pm

After doing some reserch over the pastfew weeks I came to the conclusion that I prob have a form of mania, I get sudden mood changes, ranging from happy and witty in the morning too depressed and iritable that night. I also tend to get periods were I am totally compelled to do things, the most frequent being to walk for miles around my town, no matter the time.

My only fear of going to the docs about it is that they will put me on medication, and I hate all forms of medicine and only take it when it is complety nessery, for now I'll happily rather have the odd mood swing, or as my girlfriend calls it, my 'male PMT'.
Noir
Noir

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:05 am

Noir wrote:After doing some reserch over the pastfew weeks I came to the conclusion that I prob have a form of mania, I get sudden mood changes, ranging from happy and witty in the morning too depressed and iritable that night. I also tend to get periods were I am totally compelled to do things, the most frequent being to walk for miles around my town, no matter the time.

My only fear of going to the docs about it is that they will put me on medication, and I hate all forms of medicine and only take it when it is complety nessery, for now I'll happily rather have the odd mood swing, or as my girlfriend calls it, my 'male PMT'.

Hmmm... well it doesn't sound like any form of schizophrenia, and it doesn't sound harmful, so I don't think it's anything you need to be overly concerned about. It could be just something as simple as growing pains.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 981
Registration date : 2008-07-25

https://thebeltwayforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by namvet Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:54 am

Noir wrote:After doing some reserch over the pastfew weeks I came to the conclusion that I prob have a form of mania, I get sudden mood changes, ranging from happy and witty in the morning too depressed and iritable that night. I also tend to get periods were I am totally compelled to do things, the most frequent being to walk for miles around my town, no matter the time.

don't rule out physical. a lot of these problems can be a physical problem running in the background.
namvet
namvet

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down