The Beltway Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

old WW2 photo

2 posters

Go down

old WW2 photo Empty old WW2 photo

Post by namvet Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:45 am

old WW2 photo Familyxj6

going thru some old photo's last night I ran into this. a family photo. this was taken we think just a few month's after pearl harbor. seated lower right is my mother. behind her my late dad in uniform. he enlisted right after the attack. back center my late grandfather. back left my late uncle. in front of him his wife. and in the center my late grandmother holding my 3 mon old sister. my mother wants a copy.
..........after my dad left she went to work in a plant building the P-47 thunderbolt engine. a year later she transferred to another plant that built the B-25 mitchell. her dad, my other grandfather loaded bullets at an area ammo depot called lake city arsenal. my sister freeked out when i email her this. mom was a rosie the riveter
namvet
namvet

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

old WW2 photo Empty Re: old WW2 photo

Post by Pale Rider Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:39 pm

Here ya go namvet. I put the pic in Adobe Photoshop, rotated it slightly, cropped it, corrected the color back to gray scale, corrected the levels and sharpened it 15%. Your ma was a dish... naughty

old WW2 photo 2787855170_6babab8f8e_o

I'm going to move this into the "photo" forums pard.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 981
Registration date : 2008-07-25

https://thebeltwayforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by namvet Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:10 pm

thanks PR. is that the free photoshop that comes with the reader update or is this a fee based one?? and many thanks for the upgrade pal !!!!!
namvet
namvet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:28 pm

namvet wrote:thanks PR. is that the free photoshop that comes with the reader update or is this a fee based one?? and many thanks for the upgrade pal !!!!!

It's Adobe Photoshop CS2, a $700 photo editing software program. I also have Adobe Illustrator. I got them both from my son who is a Graphic Designer.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by namvet Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:55 pm

Pale Rider wrote:
namvet wrote:thanks PR. is that the free photoshop that comes with the reader update or is this a fee based one?? and many thanks for the upgrade pal !!!!!

It's Adobe Photoshop CS2, a $700 photo editing software program. I also have Adobe Illustrator. I got them both from my son who is a Graphic Designer.

holy dog shit batman. that's how much my mortgage is.
namvet
namvet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:15 am

namvet wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:

holy dog shit batman. that's how much my mortgage is.

Well it's the best photo editing software there is. Just look at what I did to your old pic in less than three minutes, and I'm a rank amature. I have a book on how to use it that's as thick as the Bible. It does more shit than I'll ever know. My son who went to college to learn how to use it doesn't even know all that it will do. It takes years to use it to it's full potential. I know enough to dress up a photo pretty well, and I made the banner for this board with it.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down