The Beltway Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favre Shows Up At Green Bay Packers Training Camp...

2 posters

Go down

Favre Shows Up At Green Bay Packers Training Camp... Empty Favre Shows Up At Green Bay Packers Training Camp...

Post by Pale Rider Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:33 pm

... but as I heard today on the radio, he is NOT going to be the starter Quarter Back. He's the back up. What does he expect the Packers to do? He RETIRED! C'mon Brett... if you want to play that bad, find another team. The Packers moved on when you retired. It's too late for you to think you can just change your mind and magically expect the Pack to bow to your indecision.

I can't find an article on this yet, but I'm sure there will be. Nothing really about it on the Packer website yet either... http://www.packers.com/news/blogs/packerscom_blog/
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 981
Location : Favre Shows Up At Green Bay Packers Training Camp... Us10
Registration date : 2008-07-25

https://thebeltwayforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Favre Shows Up At Green Bay Packers Training Camp... Empty Re: Favre Shows Up At Green Bay Packers Training Camp...

Post by King Leonidas Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:44 pm

I heard he didn't show. Favre still hasn't put in the paperwork to be reinstated and he said he wouldn't show up, yet. The longer this drags on, the more of a distraction it'll become and Favre will be known as the guy who torpedoed the season with his antics.

King Leonidas

Number of posts : 207

Back to top Go down

Favre Shows Up At Green Bay Packers Training Camp... Empty Favre Does Not Report to Training Camp

Post by Pale Rider Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:24 am

Looks like I have to redact my opening post...

Favre Does Not Report to Training Camp

WTMJ-TV and JSOnline.com
updated 39 minutes ago
Brett Favre didn't report to the Green Bay Packers' training camp Sunday, temporarily easing tensions in the three-time MVP's ongoing standoff with the team.

GREEN BAY - Brett Favre didn't report to the Green Bay Packers' training camp Sunday, temporarily easing tensions in the three-time MVP's ongoing standoff with the team. Packers spokesman Jeff Blumb confirmed Sunday that Favre did not report to camp with Packers players, who were required to report at 7:30 a.m. CDT. Favre told si.com that Packers general manager Ted Thompson had asked him for "a couple of days" to resolve the situation. "I agreed to do that," Favre told the site. "I don't want to be a distraction to the Packers, and I hope in the next few days we can come to an agreement that would allow me to continue playing football." That agreement, presumably, would be a trade. The New York Jets and Tampa Bay Buccaneers have emerged as two potential trade partners for the Packers, and Favre told si.com that he would consider a trade to any team.

Full story here...
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Favre Shows Up At Green Bay Packers Training Camp... Empty Re: Favre Shows Up At Green Bay Packers Training Camp...

Post by Guest Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:30 am

Favre should of just stayed retired instead of spoiling his own legacy. Would be a shame to see him have a lousy year with the Jets to end out his illustrious carrer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:16 pm

blackfoot wrote:Favre should of just stayed retired instead of spoiling his own legacy. Would be a shame to see him have a lousy year with the Jets to end out his illustrious carrer.

I totally agree. Especially when he was offered TWENTY MILLION DOLLARS by the Pack to just be on their sidelines.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down