The Beltway Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi From Chicago

5 posters

Go down

Hi From Chicago Empty Hi From Chicago

Post by Kathianne Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:27 am

Obviously, I'm Kathianne. I live in a Western suburb of Chicago. I came here via an invite from RSR and am a long time poster with PR. I hope to be posting here. I teach social studies to middle schoolers, in a parochial school.

Kathianne

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Hi From Chicago Empty Re: Hi From Chicago

Post by Pale Rider Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:12 am

It's great to have you here Kath, and glad that posting glith is gone.

And the clock is counting down and I'm going to be back in your neck of the woods. :bounce:
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 981
Registration date : 2008-07-25

https://thebeltwayforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by King Leonidas Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:02 pm

Welcome aboard.

King Leonidas

Number of posts : 207

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathianne Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:41 am

Pale Rider wrote:It's great to have you here Kath, and glad that posting glith is gone.

And the clock is counting down and I'm going to be back in your neck of the woods. :bounce:
Seriously? I thought you'd decided you couldn't leave the mountains? Now to me, Wisconsin certainly looks at least 'hilly' but that opposed to IL. ;)

Kathianne

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:16 pm

It's a matter of what I can afford, and how much I can get for my money. Right now, there's no better place to shop for a house and some Land than Wisconsin. What would go for close to a million around here, I can buy in Wisconsin for pennies on the doller. I need elbow room, and I can have that in Wisconsin. I can't out west here either in Nevada or Montana. The two places I want to live. I gotta do what I gotta do, so it looks like Wisconsin.

I'll invite you to my house warming party Kath... hows that?

Last edited by Pale Rider on Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:04 am; edited 4 times in total
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by red states rule Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:34 pm

Kathianne wrote:Obviously, I'm Kathianne. I live in a Western suburb of Chicago. I came here via an invite from RSR and am a long time poster with PR. I hope to be posting here. I teach social studies to middle schoolers, in a parochial school.

Glad to see you made it here
red states rule
red states rule

Number of posts : 772

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathianne Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:19 am

Pale Rider wrote:It's a matter of what I can afford, and how much I can get for my money. Right now, there's no better place to shop for a house and som Land than Wisconsin. What would go for close to a million around here, I can buy in Wisconsin for pennies on the doller. I need elbow room, and I can that in Wisconsin. I can't out west here either in Nevada or Montana. The two places I want to live. I goota do what I gotta do, and I can that in Wisconsin.

It's a deal!

Kathianne

Back to top Go down

Post by red states rule Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:26 am

Kathianne wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:It's a matter of what I can afford, and how much I can get for my money. Right now, there's no better place to shop for a house and som Land than Wisconsin. What would go for close to a million around here, I can buy in Wisconsin for pennies on the doller. I need elbow room, and I can that in Wisconsin. I can't out west here either in Nevada or Montana. The two places I want to live. I goota do what I gotta do, and I can that in Wisconsin.

It's a deal!

and when I make it to the Windy City, I owe you dinner at Ruth's Chris
red states rule
red states rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:05 pm

red states rule wrote:
Kathianne wrote:

It's a deal!

Kathianne or me? ;)
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by red states rule Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:37 am

Pale Rider wrote:
red states rule wrote:
Kathianne wrote:

It's a deal!

Kathianne or me? ;)

Kathianne

But you are invited as well my friend
red states rule
red states rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathianne Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:56 am

Hey Pale!

Way back when I tried to help RSR find an old acquaintance, didn't work but I tried. jester If memory serves, it involved looking for some adult entertainment shops. affraid For my diligent hunting, RSR was kind enough to promise me a superior dinner if he ever comes to this neck of the woods.

Terry doesn't owe me anything, I'm happy to be his friend, even without Ruth's sizzle.

Kathianne

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:11 am

Kathianne wrote:Hey Pale!

Way back when I tried to help RSR find an old acquaintance, didn't work but I tried. jester If memory serves, it involved looking for some adult entertainment shops. affraid For my diligent hunting, RSR was kind enough to promise me a superior dinner if he ever comes to this neck of the woods.

Terry doesn't owe me anything, I'm happy to be his friend, even without Ruth's sizzle.

Good story. Yeah I've lived in mountains for quite awhile now, and here in Reno I'm always on edge knowing that at any time there could be a major earth quake. Which I might add I hope does NOT happen before I get the hell otta here. I've been looking at properties in Wisconsin around the Lone Rock, Buena Vista, Spring Green and Richland Center area, and the more I look the more excited I get. It's unreal what kind of a nice house sitting on two or three acres you can buy for UNDER $140K. Unbelievable. Those places would be $500K around here. I wish I could pull up stakes and split right at this moment, but I have one last legal thing going on here that's probably going to be another six months before it's settled. I HATE waiting, but, it's going to make it all the sweeter when I DO get out of here. Won't be soon enough. In my mind I'm already gone.

Yeah I'll have a big party when I get back to Wisco. All will be invited. Whoever can make it is good. I hope you can tolerate bikers... grin
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by red states rule Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:21 am

Pale Rider wrote:

Good story. Yeah I've lived in mountains for quite awhile now, and here in Reno I'm always on edge knowing that at any time there could be a major earth quake. Which I might add I hope does NOT happen before I get the hell otta here. I've been looking at properties in Wisconsin around the Lone Rock, Buena Vista, Spring Green and Richland Center area, and the more I look the more excited I get. It's unreal what kind of a nice house sitting on two or three acres you can buy for UNDER $140K. Unbelievable. Those places would be $500K around here. I wish I could pull up stakes and split right at this moment, but I have one last legal thing going on here that's probably going to be another six months before it's settled. I HATE waiting, but, it's going to make it all the sweeter when I DO get out of here. Won't be soon enough. In my mind I'm already gone.

Yeah I'll have a big party when I get back to Wisco. All will be invited. Whoever can make it is good. I hope you can tolerate bikers... grin

Will you invite MFM?
red states rule
red states rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:29 am

red states rule wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:

Will you invite MFM?

Sure... we may need a punching bag.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by red states rule Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:14 pm

Pale Rider wrote:
red states rule wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:

Will you invite MFM?

Sure... we may need a punching bag.

While you are at it, invite OCA

OCA and MFM can decide who will be the waiter and who will be the bussboy
red states rule
red states rule

Back to top Go down

Post by musicman Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:32 pm

Kathianne wrote:Obviously, I'm Kathianne. I live in a Western suburb of Chicago. I came here via an invite from RSR and am a long time poster with PR. I hope to be posting here. I teach social studies to middle schoolers, in a parochial school.

As a former middle schooler in a parochial school (which is to say, "out of control hellion"), may I offer my profound sympathies!

It's wonderful to see you here, Kathianne!

musicman

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathianne Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:54 pm

musicman wrote:

As a former middle schooler in a parochial school (which is to say, "out of control hellion"), may I offer my profound sympathies!

It's wonderful to see you here, Kathianne!
You too, Joe!

Kathianne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum