The Beltway Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big JIM BROSSARD Is On The Board...

3 posters

Go down

Big JIM BROSSARD Is On The Board... Empty Big JIM BROSSARD Is On The Board...

Post by Pale Rider Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:52 pm

Some of you may remember awhile back here in Reno when during a demonstration by illegal aliens, there was a mexican that thought he'd fly his flag of mexico OVER the American flag. Well that didn't set well with MANY people here in town, but Big Jim had the kahoonas to go down and do something about it. He CUT THE MEXICAN FLAG DOWN, to the DELIGHT of THOUSANDS of LEGAL American citizens here in Reno. So Jim has become a celebrity and even been on the news including Fox News. Following this up, K-bar has created a knife in Jims honor, and it's for sale on his website... http://jimbrossard.com/

Big JIM BROSSARD Is On The Board... 2733744499_76dc743a9e_o
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 981
Registration date : 2008-07-25

https://thebeltwayforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Big JIM BROSSARD Is On The Board... Empty Re: Big JIM BROSSARD Is On The Board...

Post by Noir Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:21 pm

Can i ask, was the man who raised the Mexican flag an illegal alien? Or was he legal?

Edit- i also lawled when i looked at the site, on the mission page it says "My mission is to help spread the word about what I think is blatant disregard for the American way of life, the principles this country was founded on (including the Christian Religion)"

In a picture below he then describes the American flag as 'sacred'...hmm principles of Christianity...isn't viewing a flag as sacred blasphemous? or, atleast against the 10 commandments "You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or worship them"...i think someone should tell Jim!
Noir
Noir

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Big JIM BROSSARD Is On The Board... Empty Re: Big JIM BROSSARD Is On The Board...

Post by Pale Rider Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:13 pm

Speaking for myself, I'd also consider the American flag sacred, in the sense that it embodies all the people that fought and died to make America what it is today, along with everything this country is. The term sacred doesn't necessarily mean religion. Definitions 4, 5, and 6 of the word sacred on dictionary.com are as follows....

4. reverently dedicated to some person, purpose, or object: a morning hour sacred to study.
5. regarded with reverence: the sacred memory of a dead hero.
6. secured against violation, infringement, etc., as by reverence or sense of right: sacred oaths; sacred rights.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sacred

I think that ought to clear up any misconception.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Noir Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:31 am

and what do definitions 1 2 and 3 say? And all the defs you used state 'reverence' so this again reltares back to worship and worshiping false idols. Worship not the flag.
Noir
Noir

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:46 am

Noir wrote:and what do definitions 1 2 and 3 say? And all the defs you used state 'reverence' so this again reltares back to worship and worshiping false idols. Worship not the flag.

No it doesn't. The point is, the word has more than one meaning, so saying you think the American flag is sacred is entirely correct.

You're trying to make an argument by cherry picking, but that's not the way it works.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Noir Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:53 pm

Here's the first 3 meanings

1. devoted or dedicated to a deity or to some religious purpose; consecrated.
2. entitled to veneration or religious respect by association with divinity or divine things; holy.
3. pertaining to or connected with religion (opposed to secular or profane): sacred music; sacred books.

I was just saying i found it quiet ironic, you go up to anyone in the street and ask them what scared means and you can be certain they'll say its holy or religious (and they'd be right). I'm sure it was an error but i think its quiet funny to have on the top of teh page 'the principles this country was founded on (including the Christian Religion)' and to then describe the flag as holy at the bottom, silly Jim.

Anyway back on topic, what is wrong with a mexican flying his flag?
Noir
Noir

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Man Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:44 pm

Speaking as a devout Catholic, we have objects that are considered sacred. That doesn’t mean that we worship them, but they are used to honor the memory of a loved on or a saint.
Southern Man
Southern Man

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Noir Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:01 pm

Southern Man wrote:Speaking as a devout Catholic, we have objects that are considered sacred. That doesn’t mean that we worship them, but they are used to honor the memory of a loved on or a saint.

Well it does to some christians...i.e. protestants, as they see such worship as blasphemous
Noir
Noir

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:45 pm

Noir wrote:Here's the first 3 meanings

1. devoted or dedicated to a deity or to some religious purpose; consecrated.
2. entitled to veneration or religious respect by association with divinity or divine things; holy.
3. pertaining to or connected with religion (opposed to secular or profane): sacred music; sacred books.

I was just saying i found it quiet ironic, you go up to anyone in the street and ask them what scared means and you can be certain they'll say its holy or religious (and they'd be right). I'm sure it was an error but i think its quiet funny to have on the top of teh page 'the principles this country was founded on (including the Christian Religion)' and to then describe the flag as holy at the bottom, silly Jim.
You tried to make the argument that the word sacred was religious only, and it wasn't. I see capitulating is something that comes hard for you.

Noir wrote:Anyway back on topic, what is wrong with a mexican flying his flag?

He was flying it above the American flag, and you're not supposed to. It's the ultimate form of disrespect to an American. He was figuratively SPITTING IN THE FACE of every American, and it didn't go over very well. His bar is now closed, due to MANY, MANY death threats. The message was clear to the mexican asshole, you want to fly your fucking flag over the American flag, GO THE FUCK BACK TO MEXICO and do it then.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Noir Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:06 am

Wow...you are such nice people, I mean a man flies his nations flag and he gets death threats? God bless America; land of the free...

Guess what, in my country you have the right to fly any nations flag, simply horrid isn't it? I think ya's should learn to grow up a bit, I mean death threats!
Noir
Noir

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:31 am

Noir wrote:Wow...you are such nice people, I mean a man flies his nations flag and he gets death threats? God bless America; land of the free...

Guess what, in my country you have the right to fly any nations flag, simply horrid isn't it? I think ya's should learn to grow up a bit, I mean death threats!

Well... I think you're purposefully ignoring the point, and that is he was flying the mexican flag "ABOVE" the American flag, and that's a no no in America. I believe it's a no no to fly it above an Irish flag in Ireland too, or aren't there enough people there that are patriots to care enough to do anything about it?
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Noir Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:03 am

it's a 'no no' eh? Is this inscribed into law? Or is this a made up law inwhich it is deemed acceptable to threaten someones life because you think your flag should be on top, doeS your 'pride' for your flag being on top overrule this mans basic human rights?
Noir
Noir

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:23 am

Noir wrote:it's a 'no no' eh? Is this inscribed into law? Or is this a made up law inwhich it is deemed acceptable to threaten someones life because you think your flag should be on top, doeS your 'pride' for your flag being on top overrule this mans basic human rights?

From what I understand, it isn't "law." But it is the recommendation of congress on how to properly dispaly an American flag.

Look man, I'm real sorry you don't give a rats ass how somebody flies your flag. I'm sorry you can't understand how an American veteran such as myself carries such high reverence for my countries flag. I'd die for that flag. I proved that by serving eight years in our military and winding up a service connected disabled veteran. If someone holds their country of origin in a higher regard than they do America, then they have no business being here. If they feel the need to fly their flag over the American flag on American soil, then they better be ready to deal with the PISSED OFF AMERICAN that finds that VERY INSULTING! If you in your mind are completely unable to understand where I'm coming from, and all you want to do is continue to piss and moan about some illegal aliens fucking rights, then I know for sure there's nothing from this point on that I can say that's going to teach you anything about our flag and how we feel about it.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Noir Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:15 pm

From what I understand, it isn't "law." But it is the recommendation of congress on how to properly dispaly an American flag.

So the govement recomends you send death threats to those who do this!

I'm real sorry you don't give a rats ass how somebody flies your flag. I'm sorry you can't understand how an American veteran such as myself carries such high reverence for my countries flag. I'd die for that flag.

Cus at the end of the day it is a flag. This is a aspect of Americans i don't think i will ever understand. When we go to war we don't go to fight for the goverment, or for the royal family, or a flag. We fight for our rights and the rights of others, basic core principles of democracy, which is much more important than fighting for your country...American mentality is completely different and rather confusing. You'd die for a flag, we'd die for democracy.

If someone holds their country of origin in a higher regard than they do America, then they have no business being here.

And there was me thinking America was the land of the free...

If they feel the need to fly their flag over the American flag on American soil, then they better be ready to deal with the PISSED OFF AMERICAN that finds that VERY INSULTING!

So insulting they would threaten with death...and is it not the duty of the state to protect people from death threats? were where the police and goverment officals saying that it was wrong to threaten this mans life?

and all you want to do is continue to piss and moan about some illegal aliens fucking rights,

I asked in my first post if this man was in the USA legally, i assume from this he was an illegal alien?
Noir
Noir

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:09 pm

Noir wrote:

So the govement recomends you send death threats to those who do this!

I'm real sorry you don't give a rats ass how somebody flies your flag. I'm sorry you can't understand how an American veteran such as myself carries such high reverence for my countries flag. I'd die for that flag.

Cus at the end of the day it is a flag. This is a aspect of Americans i don't think i will ever understand. When we go to war we don't go to fight for the goverment, or for the royal family, or a flag. We fight for our rights and the rights of others, basic core principles of democracy, which is much more important than fighting for your country...American mentality is completely different and rather confusing. You'd die for a flag, we'd die for democracy.

If someone holds their country of origin in a higher regard than they do America, then they have no business being here.

And there was me thinking America was the land of the free...

If they feel the need to fly their flag over the American flag on American soil, then they better be ready to deal with the PISSED OFF AMERICAN that finds that VERY INSULTING!

So insulting they would threaten with death...and is it not the duty of the state to protect people from death threats? were where the police and goverment officals saying that it was wrong to threaten this mans life?

and all you want to do is continue to piss and moan about some illegal aliens fucking rights,

I asked in my first post if this man was in the USA legally, i assume from this he was an illegal alien?

Noir, c'mon man... "the government didn't recommend people to send death threats." Keep it real.

So I do get it now. You just don't understand us Americans. See democracy, personal rights, freedom, all that stuff is wrapped up IN the flag. The flag EMBODIES all that stuff, and more. It also holds the blood, sweat and tears of every man that every fought and died under it. The flag is the living, breathing, conscious, symbol of what America is, and yes, we're ready to die for it.

Maybe this will help you out. It's a little poem....

My American Flag

The People of today
just rant and rave.
They burn my symbol of freedom,
I just want to grab and shake them.
They have no sense of pride,
For your beauty you never denied.

Like my brothers before me,
I have fought to keep your colors free.
With every battle that we had won,
you were there to show who was number one.
When our brothers had died,
you caressed their bodies with pride.

We have our leaders to thank,
for allowing these people their prank.
To them it may be a cloth of colors,
to me it stands for freedom and honor.
We must ask our leaders to debate,
and change our flags fate.

My American Flag this promise I give,
to hold you high and let you live.
My words to you are profound,
I'll keep your colors off the ground.
I will guard and protect your stars and stripes,
with all my power, might and life.

Dan Solodon, a Disabled American Veteran, wrote "My American Flag" in college for a contest by the Phi Theta Kappa National Honor Society in Oklahoma and took 2 awards locally and regionally, November 23, 1991. Dan can be contacted at dsolodon@r66cci.com

Here's another one...

Old Glory

by Don Miller

"I am the flag of the United States of America"
My name is Old Glory.
I fly atop the world's tallest buildings.
I stand watch in America's hall of justice.
I fly majestically over great institutes of learning.
I stand guard with the greatest military power in the world.
Look up and see me!
I stand for peace, honor, truth and justice.
I stand for freedom.
I am confident and I am arrogant.
I am proud.
When I am flown with my fellow banners my head is a little higher, my color a little truer.
I bow to no one.
I am recognized all over the world.
I am honored.
I am saluted.
I am respected.
I am loved and I am feared.
I have fought every battle of every war for more than 200 years: Gettysburg, Shiloh, Appomattox, San Juan Hill, the trenches of France, the Argonne Forest, Anzio, Rome, the beaches of Normandy, the desserts of Africa, the cane fields of the Philippines, the rice paddies and jungles of Guam, Okinawa, Japan, Korea, Vietnam and scores of places long forgotten by all, but those who were with me.
I was there.
I led my soldiers.
I followed them.
I watched over them.
They loved me.
I was on a small hill in Iwo Jima.
I was dirty, battle worn and tired, but my soldiers cheered me on and I was proud.
I have been soiled, burned, torn and trampled on the streets; streets of countries I have helped to set free.
It does not hurt, for I am invincible.
I have been soiled, burned, torn and trampled on the streets of my own country, and when it is by those whom I have served in battle, it hurts, but I shall overcome for I am strong.
I have slipped the bonds of earth and stand watch over the uncharted new frontier of space from my vantage point on the moon.
I have been a silent witness to all of America's finest hours.
But my finest hour comes when I am torn into strips to be used for bandages for my wounded comrades on the field of battle; when I fly half mast to honor soldiers; and when I lie in the trembling arms of a grieving mother at the graveside of her fallen son.
I am proud.
My name is Old Glory!
Long may I wave …. Dear god long may I wave!

I hope those helped convey how we feel about our flag here in America. Maybe it touched on something I didn't.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Noir Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:24 pm

Noir, c'mon man... "the government didn't recommend people to send death threats." Keep it real.

Yeah i was taking the piss, you stated that "it is the recommendation of congress on how to properly dispaly an American flag." and were in this recommendation does it say 'if someone flies anyother nations flag above ours, make sure to threaten them.

So I do get it now. You just don't understand us Americans. See democracy, personal rights, freedom, all that stuff is wrapped up IN the flag.

Are you guys not able to understand concepts without symbolism?

I know it means allot, but it just seems rediculois that a man can be treated so horribly for such an act, i mean was anyone hurt? its just a storm in a tea cup. But rather funny at the same time.

You also didn't say if he was or was not a legal member of the USA.

And why did the police not intervene?
Noir
Noir

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:36 pm

Noir wrote:

Yeah i was taking the piss, you stated that "it is the recommendation of congress on how to properly dispaly an American flag." and were in this recommendation does it say 'if someone flies anyother nations flag above ours, make sure to threaten them.

So I do get it now. You just don't understand us Americans. See democracy, personal rights, freedom, all that stuff is wrapped up IN the flag.

Are you guys not able to understand concepts without symbolism?

I know it means allot, but it just seems rediculois that a man can be treated so horribly for such an act, i mean was anyone hurt? its just a storm in a tea cup. But rather funny at the same time.

You also didn't say if he was or was not a legal member of the USA.

And why did the police not intervene?

Well, you obviously don't understand us Americans, and I'm not able to enlighten you either. I guess it's part of "being" an American. You'd have to have had grown up here in America to understand.

I don't know if he was an illegal or not. It didn't matter.

And the police probably didn't do anything because they were happy it happened.

You euro's are far too apathetic, too liberal, too don't give a damn about jack. I guess we're more passionate here in America. I guess that's what makes our country the most powerful and the greatest nation on earth.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Noir Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:35 pm

Fair enough, don't wana flog a dead horse.

btw "I guess that's what makes our country the most powerful and the greatest nation on earth."

For how many more years? i'll guess 17...
Noir
Noir

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:20 pm

Noir wrote:Fair enough, don't wana flog a dead horse.

btw "I guess that's what makes our country the most powerful and the greatest nation on earth."

For how many more years? i'll guess 17...

I'll just say this about that... you people have larger problems brewing in Europe that are ready to explode than we have here. So, we'll no doubt out last you.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down