The Beltway Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prisons Crowded with Illegal Inmates

3 posters

Go down

Prisons Crowded with Illegal Inmates Empty Prisons Crowded with Illegal Inmates

Post by red states rule Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:54 am

Make sure they get fresh fruit and ceral in the moring. With some ice cold milk. Then some TV.

Got to keep the jails, I mean hotels, comfortable for them

Special Report: Prisons Crowded with Illegal Inmates
Chip Yost, KTLA News

July 18, 2008, 12:06 PM PDT

LOS ANGELES -- The numbers can look staggering. Nearly 20,000 inmates in California's state prison system have ICE holds on them, meaning there's a good chance they're illegal immigrants. More than 3,000 of those inmates are serving time for murder.

Because many of those convicts likely spent time in and out of local jails before committing the crimes that landed them in state prison, federal officials have begun working with more city and county jails to try to identify and deport more illegal immigrants earlier in their criminal careers.

Los Angeles County Sheriff's employees started working with ICE agents in 2006. Now, every week, county employees interview more than 100 inmates to try to determine their immigration status. The county employees have access to federal computers, including a fingerprint database that can match inmate fingerprints to see if the inmate has ever been deported.

The county employees often use the fingerprint database when they suspect the inmate they are interviewing is lying about his or her immigration status. Ms. Garza, a county jail custody assistant who didn't want her first name used, told us that about 90 percent of the time, the fingerprint database scores a hit.

The fact they're going to then get deported doesn't always bother them.

http://ktla.trb.com/news/ktla-illegal-inmates,0,2878918.story
red states rule
red states rule

Number of posts : 772
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Prisons Crowded with Illegal Inmates Empty Re: Prisons Crowded with Illegal Inmates

Post by King Leonidas Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:46 pm

Maricopa County does the same thing, except they're sworn ICE agents as well and go and roundup illegals instead of just waiting for them to come in.

King Leonidas

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Prisons Crowded with Illegal Inmates Empty Re: Prisons Crowded with Illegal Inmates

Post by red states rule Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:54 am

King Leonidas wrote:Maricopa County does the same thing, except they're sworn ICE agents as well and go and roundup illegals instead of just waiting for them to come in.

What the hell is CA waiting for? Ship them home
red states rule
red states rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:53 am

I hope if mcamnesty gets elected, he doesn't put a halt to this kind of stuff. People are sick of the illegals, and realise that they put an extreme burden on our society, in many different ways.

This is the NUMBER ONE reason I have a HUGE problem voting for mclame.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 981
Registration date : 2008-07-25

https://thebeltwayforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by red states rule Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:59 am

Pale Rider wrote:I hope if mcamnesty gets elected, he doesn't put a halt to this kind of stuff. People are sick of the illegals, and realise that they put an extreme burden on our society, in many different ways.

This is the NUMBER ONE reason I have a HUGE problem voting for mclame.

That is one reason I do not trust him
red states rule
red states rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down