The Beltway Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now "poor" People Can't Afford Meat

2 posters

Go down

Now "poor" People Can't Afford Meat Empty Now "poor" People Can't Afford Meat

Post by red states rule Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:29 am

This is a classic folks. The liberal media puts out this story this poor family can't afford food

Well, looking at a picture of them, they are eating something

And in huge amounts

Struggling In Ohio As The Economy Tightens
by Yuki Noguchi

All Things Considered, July 17, 2008 · A generation ago, the livelihood of Gloria Nunez's family was built on cars.

Her father worked at General Motors for 45 years before retiring. Her mother taught driver's education. Nunez and her six siblings grew up middle class.

Things have changed considerably for this Ohio family.

Nunez's van broke down last fall. Now, her 19-year-old daughter has no reliable transportation out of their subsidized housing complex in Fostoria, 40 miles south of Toledo, to look for a job.

Nunez and most of her siblings and their spouses are unemployed and rely on government assistance and food stamps. Some have part-time jobs, but working is made more difficult with no car or public transportation.

Low-income families in Ohio say they are particularly hard-hit by the changes in the economy, according to a new poll conducted by NPR, The Kaiser Family Foundation and Harvard School of Public Health. Two-thirds of lower-income respondents, or 66 percent, say paying for gas is a serious problem because of recent changes in the economy. Nearly half of low-income Ohioans, or 47 percent, say that getting a well-paying job or a raise in pay is also major problem.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=92592545

Now "poor" People Can't Afford Meat Nunez540
red states rule
red states rule

Number of posts : 772
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Now "poor" People Can't Afford Meat Empty Re: Now "poor" People Can't Afford Meat

Post by theironlady Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:05 am

When my car took a dump on me and I couldnt get to my job I took a job that I could walk to. When I had enough money to fix my car THEN I went and got a real job. What a bunch of lazy ass fat motherfuckers. I have ZERO sympathy for them. THERE ARE ALWAYS jobs out there! I know I have worked in some of the nastier ones. But hey! One has to do what one has to do to stay afloat.

theironlady

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Now "poor" People Can't Afford Meat Empty Re: Now "poor" People Can't Afford Meat

Post by red states rule Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:55 pm

theironlady wrote:When my car took a dump on me and I couldnt get to my job I took a job that I could walk to. When I had enough money to fix my car THEN I went and got a real job. What a bunch of lazy ass fat motherfuckers. I have ZERO sympathy for them. THERE ARE ALWAYS jobs out there! I know I have worked in some of the nastier ones. But hey! One has to do what one has to do to stay afloat.

Some people, like these fat asses, would rather wait for something to be given to them. Others, like us, save time, and go out and earn what we need abd want
red states rule
red states rule

Number of posts : 772
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down