The Beltway Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Critical of McCain, Obama quiet on own energy vote

3 posters

Go down

Critical of McCain, Obama quiet on own energy vote Empty Critical of McCain, Obama quiet on own energy vote

Post by red states rule Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:50 am

My, my, my. Will the liberal media be playing this up

I doubt it

Critical of McCain, Obama quiet on own energy vote

By TOM RAUM, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 1 minute ago

snip

Obama voted for a 2005 energy bill backed by President Bush that included billions in subsidies for oil and natural gas production, a measure for which Vice President Dick Cheney played a major role. McCain opposed the bill, saying at the time that it included billions in unnecessary tax breaks for the oil industry.

The Obama campaign has said the Illinois senator supported the legislation because it included huge investments in renewable energy. Yet Democrats long have characterized the 2005 energy bill as being written by Cheney. One of them, Democratic primary rival Hillary Rodham Clinton, criticized Obama earlier this year for backing the "Dick Cheney lobbyist energy bill."

With polls showing concern over gas prices a prime concern of Americans, Obama has been depicting energy as the nation's most pressing national security and economic issue. In that effort, he casts McCain as more concerned about oil company profits and drilling than an overall energy strategy.

The McCain campaign charged that Obama wasn't being straight with voters and showed bad judgment.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080805/ap_on_el_pr/obama
red states rule
red states rule

Number of posts : 772
Location : Critical of McCain, Obama quiet on own energy vote Us10
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Critical of McCain, Obama quiet on own energy vote Empty Re: Critical of McCain, Obama quiet on own energy vote

Post by Pale Rider Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:10 am

This whole energy deal is hurting hussein. It's hurting the dems as a whole. The market is going through a small correction, but people are pissed off at the price of gas. They're pissed off they had to sell their favorite SUV and buy that tiny little cracker box so they could drive to work and back. So when hussein and his pack of idiots keep regurgitating this lie about it'll take ten years to see any oil and it will only make a couple cents difference, they don't believe them. Not when REAL oil people have said they can have new oil flowing in as little as 17 months.

So just keep up the lies and bull shit dems. It's sinking your filthy asses fast.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 981
Registration date : 2008-07-25

https://thebeltwayforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Critical of McCain, Obama quiet on own energy vote Empty Re: Critical of McCain, Obama quiet on own energy vote

Post by King Leonidas Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:18 am

Yes it is. More people I know are getting irate with the Dems and wanting to start drilling. The Dems talk about wanting to do everything they can to develop energy but then refuse to drill.

King Leonidas

Number of posts : 207

Back to top Go down

Post by red states rule Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:17 am

and the liberal media is NOT covering the Republicans who want a simple up and down vote on drilling
red states rule
red states rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:40 am

red states rule wrote:and the liberal media is NOT covering the Republicans who want a simple up and down vote on drilling

Why would they do that? Then the ignorant public that only watches MSM nightly news would actually start to get the idea who's to blame for the $4+ a gallon gas at the pump.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by red states rule Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:49 pm

Pale Rider wrote:
red states rule wrote:and the liberal media is NOT covering the Republicans who want a simple up and down vote on drilling

Why would they do that? Then the ignorant public that only watches MSM nightly news would actually start to get the idea who's to blame for the $4+ a gallon gas at the pump.

The liberal media is still ignoring the Republicans - meanwhile the Dems are breaking from Pelosi
red states rule
red states rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:50 am

red states rule wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:

The liberal media is still ignoring the Republicans - meanwhile the Dems are breaking from Pelosi

The "big hit" the republicans took in the last midterm elections, I expect the same thing to happen to the dems. If the HISTORY making low approval rating isn't a hint, you have to be this person...

Critical of McCain, Obama quiet on own energy vote 2093273754_4fb7884b81_o
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by red states rule Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:45 am

[quote="Pale Rider"]
red states rule wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:

The "big hit" the republicans took in the last midterm elections, I expect the same thing to happen to the dems. If the HISTORY making low approval rating isn't a hint, you have to be this person...

I am sorry Pale, I see Dems gaining seats in the House and Senate - do not ask me why
red states rule
red states rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:20 pm

red states rule wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:
red states rule wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:

I am sorry Pale, I see Dems gaining seats in the House and Senate - do not ask me why

I hope and pray you're wrong pard. I've already lost a lot of faith in this country.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by red states rule Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:20 pm

Pale Rider wrote:
red states rule wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:
red states rule wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:

I will be more then happy to be wrong on this one Pale

I hope and pray you're wrong pard. I've already lost a lot of faith in this country.
red states rule
red states rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down