The Beltway Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

email from senator McCain: energy

4 posters

Go down

email from senator McCain: energy Empty email from senator McCain: energy

Post by namvet Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:24 am

got write em to get em. I keep telling people to write their elected offficals. I sent a mail to McCain and Obama. neither are my elected officals but McCain took the time and replied to my mail.
Osama has yet to reply. maybe ill just fwd this on to him.........................Vet

Thank you for contacting me regarding the high price of gasoline and our nation's oil reserves. I understand and share your concerns about the hardships that increasing energy costs are placing on consumers and all sectors of the economy.

Given the multiple factors contributing to high gasoline prices, I do not believe that there is a "quick fix" to effectively reverse the current trend. The key determinants of gasoline price are crude oil price, supply availability, refining capacity, and demand. Increasing supply or reducing demand are the only means of reducing crude oil prices over the long-term.

However, to provide even a small amount of relief during the summer months, I proposed suspending the federal gas tax from Memorial Day until Labor Day. This gas tax "holiday" would have reduced prices for unleaded gas by 18 cents a gallon and 24 cents for a gallon of diesel fuel over the summer months when gas prices are historically at their highest. Unfortunately, the majority party was not willing to allow this proposal to receive a vote, despite the fact that gas prices continue to climb.

For the immediate future, we must break with the energy policies of the past and assure affordable fuel for America. This will require more domestic production, especially in the Outer Continental Shelf (OCS). As you may know, a board federal moratorium stands in the way of energy exploration and production of another 18 billion barrels of oil from the OCS. It is time for the federal government to lift these restrictions and put more of our own reserves to use, provided that such development is supported by local stakeholders and costal state governments and adhere to sensible standards of environmental protection.

Some believe that the U.S. should also pursue drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR), a controversial approach that's promoted as a means of increasing supply and reducing our demand for foreign oil. There are several reasons that cause me to oppose ANWR development at this time. First, even the most reliable estimates conclude that the refuge could only meet about 2 to 5 percent of the nation's oil needs at best. Additionally, most scientific analyses conclude that ANWR's land and wildlife, which support approximately 270 different types of mammals, birds, and fresh water fish, would be impacted adversely by development.

Finally, reform of the oil futures market is necessary. We must purge the market of the reckless speculation, unrelated to any kind of productive commerce that has inflated the price of gasoline -- at the expense of working men and women across our country. With new regulations, we can better ensure integrity in oil-futures trading and protect the public interest.

Again, thank you for sharing your views with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future on issues of concern

Sincerely,

John McCain

United States Senator

JM/dnm

Please Do Not Reply to this Message
namvet
namvet

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

email from senator McCain: energy Empty Re: email from senator McCain: energy

Post by red states rule Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:29 am

Hate high gas prices, thank a liberal

email from senator McCain: energy 116769
red states rule
red states rule

Number of posts : 772
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:43 pm

I was getting campaign emails from mccain, 'till I added that email address to my spam filter.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 981
Registration date : 2008-07-25

https://thebeltwayforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gabosaurus Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:06 pm

Perhaps Obama is behind in sending out his form letter replies.

gabosaurus

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:59 am

gabosaurus wrote:Perhaps Obama is behind in sending out his form letter replies.

Never know. What I do know however is that I never signed up to receive any stinking email from mclame, so it's SPAM. angry4
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pale Rider Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:31 am

So what pops up in my yahoo email box just now? This bull shit, which I promptly clicked on and reported as SPAM....

Dear Supporter,

The reviews are in from Saturday's Saddleback Civil Forum on the Presidency, moderated by Pastor Rick Warren. The critics agree - John McCain's straight talk emerged as the big winner of the night.

After watching both candidates answer the same set of questions, it's become clear why Senator Barack Obama has run away from debating John McCain and refused joint town hall meetings. Senator Obama dodged answering the toughest questions. But John McCain gave straight and direct answers to Rick Warren and the entire audience about issues like national security, personal faith and values, education, taxes, energy, and the Supreme Court.

The bottom line is that John McCain will put our country before his own self interest. He has done so his entire life. And that is why it is so important we do everything we can right now to elect John McCain as the next President of the United States.

Will you join our campaign today by following this link to make an immediate contribution before our fundraising deadline on August 31st? Your financial support is needed now more than ever.

I won't mince words. Senator Obama has a financial edge over our campaign right now. He raised $51 million in July alone. And Sunday, he raised $7.8 million from Nancy Pelosi and her friends in San Francisco. This is money he will use to spread misinformation and distortions of John McCain's record.

We must raise money today to fight back against these distortions. We must have the financial ability to spread the messages and ideas John McCain shared at the Saddleback forum. Will you help elect John McCain as our next president by making an immediate donation of $25, $50, $100, $250, $500, $1,000 or $2,300? As always, your support is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Rick Davis
Campaign Manager

P.S. We have said from the beginning that voters have a clear choice in this election and the Saddleback Civil Forum showed that there are stark contrasts between Senator Obama and John McCain. John McCain will tell Americans exactly what he believes is best for our country - because he puts country before his own self interest. Senator Obama dodges the tough questions because he doesn't have the leadership or judgment to make the hard calls a president must make every day.

Please do your part to elect John McCain by making a donation right away - before our August 31st deadline. Thank you.
Pale Rider
Pale Rider
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by red states rule Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:59 am

He may have the edge in money, but he has lost whatever edge he had in the polls and with the voters
red states rule
red states rule

Number of posts : 772
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down